View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
jojocat

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebrand View Post
Hi all, just thought i'd point you towards an app that uses the touch buttons by the bottom of the phone as a notification light

Market Link

Works for a bunch of LG phones (dunno why they don't put notification lights on their phones). Works for me using a Sprint Marquee for texts, emails, etc.
I tried this but it wouldn't work consistently. Either it didn't pick up the notifications, or the light would come on but then shut off after a few seconds. Tried the 1.2.1 version too - market is at 1.2.2 I think.

Are you using sprint google voice integration? I think that's part of the problem for me...had to have it watch some stuff via accessibility since messaging interacts with google voice. Not sure though.

Also, it seems to think my LS855 is a P970 from the menu item that displays that. Is that the case for you? I installed this previously when it didn't officially have LS855 support (didn't work), and I wonder if that instantiated some files that have it now thinking this is a P970.

I looked at some logs and the source a bit but don't have much of a clue as I'm not familiar with android development. Seems to me there is an event after the notification that seems to be interpreted as "screen on" by this app, so it then shuts off the notification.