View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #70 (permalink)
drexappeal
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muqtar View Post
I am slightly concerned about the EOL announced for April by Sprint. This may affect whether or not they release ICS for the photon yes?

A friend of mine rooted and loaded CM9 on my phone. There are some glitches that are near deal killers, specifically the camera and video camera are about useless.

Overall though, CM9 on this thing is awesome. I really hope that Sprint allows 4.0 to roll.
Wasn't sure what you were talking about, so I had to search for it:

http://pocketables.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451c9ec69e20168e924eebd970c-pi

It actually doesn't concern me at all, at least not with regards to ICS.

Only reason I'd imagine that the Photon is on the End-of-Life list is due to it being a Wimax 4G phone, which Sprint has already stated that they'll no longer be making Wimax 4G phones going forward. Any 4G phones released from this point on are going to have LTE antenna. And that's another thing that's actually pushing me towards taking my 1 last "Premier Gold" upgrade. The great thing is, the HTC EVO One (if the rumors of a kickstand and external slot for SD are correct) is looking dandy. Hopefully, whatever the Photon 2 looks like (or whatever successor Sprint/Motorola come up with), I'll have a good choice between the 2. If Motorola's new phone on Sprint doesn't quite suit my needs the way that the HTC Evo One is looking, I may just go back to my HTC roots. And possibly, maybe, Sprint/Motorola has something even dandier cooked up to replace the MoPho (at least, I can only hope).

And if you're wondering why neither the EVO 3D nor the ET4G isn't on the list, that's because both phones sold extremely well. The MoPho didn't get anywhere near the same amount of publicity and while it got rave reviews from those that decided to take the chance on it, they didn't put much into marketing the phone w/ exception to marketing it with their business products.
Last edited by drexappeal; March 29th, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (March 29th, 2012), mikem0269 (April 11th, 2012), simcha (April 2nd, 2012)