View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #44 (permalink)
txwolf1980
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Continuum Rooted 2.2.2 EC07 Deodexed
Carrier: Not Provided

txwolf1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by tien820 View Post
Hi, please can you help me? I just root my galaxy mini 2 days ago and install all kind of root application. When i update Superuser (where it type 'tap to update') after it finish updating it shows 'was it cool?try it again' then it crashed. I tried recovery mode/remove the battery,sim,SD card and press volume down + home +power but nothing happen. I tried this guide but it did not get beyond 'setup connection' because i can't get to download mode.
First off, this guide is for a Continuum. Your phone is different, and you should be using a guide for it. Just because they are both samsungs, doesn't mean the software is interchangeable. Be thankful that you didn't get into download mode and manage to flash this. There would have been about a 99% chance that you would have a paperweight.

That being said, if the superuser app crashed after update, that shouldn't have softbricked you in any way. Superuser is an app. Nothing more. It's akin to a firewall on your computer. But it crashing should have little to no effect on the rest of your phone.
If your entire phone crashed after the update, and wouldn't reboot, then there is something else going on. I would suggest, first off, to get on your forum and talk to your dev's. I might be able to give you some general advice. But, I'm by no means an expert on your phone, and I don't really feel comfortable giving you specific flashing instructions without doing a good bit of research, first. Your dev's are there, they know what they are doing already, and are far more qualified to help you with your phone.
If you can't get any of your developers to help you, let me know, and I will try to do what I can. But, I doubt it will be much, if you are truly bricked.
The Following User Says Thank You to txwolf1980 For This Useful Post:
Russ71 (September 18th, 2012)