View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #89 (permalink)
CriticalCritic

Device(s): Home-OG Evo // Me-LTEvo // Wife-OG Evo // Son-LG Opt S
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
I agree. In fact, that might be a deal-breaker for me. I currently use the 3500mAh high capacity battery in my EVO. Moreover, I have a couple extras to swap out when I'm not able to recharge my phone. This 2650 mAh battery is almost 1/3 smaller than the current maximum capacity one I use, which means it's likely to run down more quickly, and since I can't swap it out--I'd be forced to plug it in somewhere--I'm effectively without the use of the phone during the time it's charging.

Who's the "genius" who thought of this? Some iPhone wannabe???
My guess is that it's a necessity resulting from implementing the kickstand. I assume the kickstand will not be designed poorly like the Evo 4G, but I still expect that it will tuck into a recess on the back of the phone. If this is the case, AND they are planning on sticking a larger battery in there, AND making it thinner, then I might expect that the battery shape may need to be unique or implemented in some way that will not allow for wasted plastic on structuring a durable battery compartment to allow for ease of replacement.

Granted, I would also still prefer the replaceable battery, but I value the kickstand more though.