Originally Posted by kellylovesyu
My Samsung Stratosphere is being difficult.
I've had it since Christmas 2011.
1) Sometimes the screen freezes and locks up, the only fix is pulling out the battery
2) Will not send or receive multimedia messages. When I press "download" it says something like "currently unable to download" or something. And when I try to send it says "currently unable to send message" or something. Why is this? Might be linked to 3rd problem below??
3) Will not connect to the 3g/4g network, says mobile data is on, wifi is off, but still doesn't work?
been dealing with this for a while. Really need some help, replacing the phone is possible as well.
1) That shouldn't happen. I'd call it a hardware problem. Lagging is one thing but a hard freeze is grounds for exchange.
2) Data is required for MMS so you are correct that it's related to 3.
3) Try reseating your LTE sim card. The verizon rep swore up and down this would fix my problem but I still lose data once in a blue moon. I think the phone just sucks in general. Too bad it's the only decent qwerty with a removable battery
Addendum: I would just take this puppy back to verizon after backing up what you can.