View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2012, 08:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
kct1975

Device(s): HTC One M8 (current) HTC One [M7] (previous) HTC EVO 4G (previous) HTC Hero (previous)
Carrier: Sprint

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ TooHypE View Post
HTC Evo Shift 4G and White EVO 3D Set to Hit End of Life?

Just saw dis yesterday figured post how disappointed I am when I barely just purchase dis early April of 2011 now my epic quest in finding a new Qwerty Slider similar like my HTC Evo Shift 4G which I totally <3 & hate!! now upon reading dis thread/news they are EOL my poor HTC Evo Shift 4G now will there be a/an HTC Evo Shift Remix 4G/Evo Shift 2 4G/Evo Shift 3D 4G in the near future?? that is the pending question!! replacing my Evo Shift!!

It looks like a couple of Sprintís devices are about to hit end of life. One of them is quite recent. Itís the white edition of the HTC EVO 3D. Looks like black is the more popular choice with that particular phone as that version is safe. The EVO Shift 4G is also on the list. It was a mid-range alternative to the main EVO line with its unique keyboard compared to other EVO devices.
Remember, just because these devices will soon be off store shelves doesnít mean you wonít be able to buy it elsewhere or get software updates. Thatís especially important for those of you with the white EVO 3D as that device is set to get Ice Cream Sandwich sometime soon. [via SprintFeed]
Humm....I have have an HTC EVO 4G that I just got in August 2011 and do love it. My upgrade does not come until July of 2013.

I know that EVO 3D came out after the 4G. I know that I will not be getting any more software updates, but I hope that HTC does not completely abandon all support for the older EVO devices