View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Ceramic7
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideman View Post
I read up on these on the xda forum. They WILL work in most android devices, but when inserted they will give an error message saying they are not compatible. They just need to be formatted with FAT32.

So, insert the new card into your SGP, select reformat (FAT32 only). Once done, your SGP will recognize the full 64gbs (actually slightly less due to allocation table created). Tests confirmed that the entire formatted card IS readable and writable.

Here's a link to the xda forum...
[REVIEW & VIDEO] 64GB micro SDXC cards - working in SGSII, HTC Sensation, SGSI - xda-developers

My card came yesterday and I can confirm that it works in the SGP 5.0. Thanks for the info, Sideman. Storage space reads as 59.46gb.

I connected my SGP to my Win XP computer and it can read the 64gb card just fine. The card acts like a SDHC one as far as I can tell. I've only put in a handful of albums and videos and moved an app from the device storage to the card so far. Transfering from a PC seems slow with the card in the SGP. I'm going to try loading the card with my card reader (not made to read SDXC cards). That should work also since a poster in another forum confirmed that it'll work in non-SDXC card readers.