View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2012, 06:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hook
Ever since DU... ;-)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nexus One (retired), Nexus 7 (2012), Nexus 4 (donated to son), Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T (Gophone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdebb View Post
i've read so many threads and tried so many different versions of superoneclick and others, i dont have the strength to try another just looking at that thread just made me tired again. honestly it's not just one click. I want to root but.....
Very little in that thread had to do with rooting or using SuperOneClick. You of course have to have the right USB drivers. There were questions being asked by people who didn't have much experience and I had problems for a couple of days because I couldn't connect to the servers to download SuperOneClick, but that cleared up. Once I got the correct version of SuperOneClick, I posted one sentence confirming that the instructions in the first post worked perfectly except I had to reboot my Player afterwards.

You are right, there are a few things to think about in setting up, but the root *is* one click.

I'm not trying to push you into something you are not comfortable with and it may be that rooting doesn't do enough for you to motivate you. I'm just saying it is doable if you really want to.