View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2012, 03:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
okyanus
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by huy_lonewolf View Post
I would recommend you to bring your Sensation XE to HTC Service center rather than doing all these until you are familiar with all these hacking techniques. This is most likely due to a faulty update.
Otherwise, if you don't mind running the possible risk of bricking your phone, I can explain to you the following points:
When you press power button + volume down, you enter the bootloader screen. "LOCKED" here means that you currently have a locked bootloader (all unroot phones have locked bootloaders, so you actually not doing anything wrong). You can read this to understand what bootloaders do:
What Is Bootloader And How To Unlock Bootloader On Android Phones [Complete Guide]
Revolutionary tool does not work with hboot 1.27 (included in the latest firmware for the HTC Sensation XE), thus you will be unable to root it using their tool. The only way to root it is to downgrade your firmware to earlier version with lower hboot so that revolutionary can work. The detailed guide for rooting and gaining S-OFF in your situation is here (can be a bit complicated for noobs):
[Guide] Successful S-OFF after (wrong S-ON) brick for ICS/GB ,Downgrade S-ON firmware - xda-developers

Moreover, your touch screen issue has nothing to do with whether you are S-ON or S-OFF because it is an official update from HTC. You only need S-OFF when you need to install custom ROMs and flash new radios. My safest best is that they gave you the wrong firmware update, since US/Canada and Europe use different firmware package.

Thank you for your reply huy_lonewolf.
I am just wondering if this is covered under warranty. I did not update anything that HTC did not want me to . Therefore, I am just thinking this should be covered under warranty no?
The only thing concerns me is that I bought the phone from Canada and now I am in Turkey. They might say that I need to take the phone to Canada in order for warranty to be valid
I would like to take my chances on warranty first. The second option is to go with your instructions above.

Thanks