Ok back to stock again. However the version string in LG Update tool reads as "LS855ZVC" Which means I have some form of the Sprint update in the phone. Ok does that update really have the updated boost radio? It appears not, because the version string indicates it's the Sprint version and that can't be right...
EDIT: I can confirm with a MD5 check that this radio.img file from teh boost update is INDENTICLE to the one from the sprint update. In otherwords...it's the sprint radio for the sprint phone. This will cause massive problems for me, so I need a radio.img from a previous version of Boost's firmware to fix it. I'd advise someone actually test this on their Boost phone that is activated on Boost.
When I try to activate the phone, update profile, update PRL, the 1x symbel (which has never appeared on my messed up phone untill I flashed the new radio) will vanish and does the usual network errors.
So I did an experiment. I removed the phone from my boost mobile account and added temporarily the prevail. The phone in it's state after a 786 reset usually yields no 1x symbel and never activates nor does it update MDN/MSIDs.
When I tried to activate the phone with the phone's ESN no longer on my account the activation screen referred me to SPRINT's menu for the new or existing users screen. Not Boost's! So now my phone thinks it's some Sprint/Boost abomination hybrid of sorts. (starting to wonder if the phone will actually activate on Sprint's network in the state it's currently in) When I readded the ESN back to boost (without resetting the phone or anything), the 1x symbel remained and I tried to activate the phone again. I instead get this very odd error either in the fresh install android activation screen or in the Activate this Device menu:
"Because of the type of account you have, we'll need to help you with this task. Please dial *2 from your Sprint phone or call Custmer Care at 1-888-211-4727 from another phone so we can assist you. Call Customer Care"
I have never seen this error before on my phone until now. (by the way I had to restore back to my stock backup after the radio update since the result was a force close message for "Android System" when trying to activate and the activation either stalls or the program exits and I get a blank screen).
So now I got 1x data speeds with MDN/MSID (and via DATA menu check even my correct 3G data account name too) programmed in for me. This is the first time I EVER got this perticuler phone to add my account into like MSID/MDN and data account username on it's own. Before, I always had to flash them to the phone with QPST.