Thread: General Just upgraded
View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
jerrysimon
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Desire S, Advent Vega
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Just upgraded

Hi all

I know I am very late to the party, but I just upgraded on my existing contract to an HTC Desire S.

Previously I had a Samsung Galaxy Portal (i5700) so you can imagine its quite a step up for me.

I wanted a HTC Desire when they came out a couple of years ago but was not prepared to take out a 35 contract. Anyway T-Mobile let me keep my existing contract 13.50 for 300 mins, 300 texts unlimited internet/data down loads which includes my 4.00 loyalty discount and gave me the phone for free

I am very pleased with the phone in terms of screen and touch sensitivity and the user experience is much enhanced over my previous phone. Sky Go is great!

Anyway the phone is running Android 2.3.3 and HTC sense 2.1. I was patient with my last phone and waited for T-Mobile to update to Android 2.1 and later rooted it to install Wireless Tether.

Anyway a few questions ?

1. Should I be able to upgrade to Honeycomb (is that the one with 3D screens ) ?

2. I notice there is an announcement about HTC (including this model) providing an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich ?

3. When I turn on hotspot it turns off wireless ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards

Jerry