Thread: Accessory Media Dock
View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
drexappeal

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermoEVO View Post
Actually I read somewhere that the new EVO will not have a media dock. Im not talking about the car charger. The media dock requires the pinpole adaptors which the EVO does not seem to have if you look at the pictures. Specifically i am talking about the dock that plays movies while you do other things on the phone that was demonstrated on the One X.
Really? That would be really odd, considering how prominent the media docks have been for android phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
With the metal chassis it's probably hard to use that pin setup like on the one x. You'd just short it out trying to hook it up. If they have a dock it will probably plug into the MHL connector on the side. I assume that's why they put it on the side instead of the bottom. For media they'll be pushing their wireless solution.
This is what I'd assume as well. Or even if they didn't make a media dock, it'd be an adaptor that attaches via the MHL connector to a HDMI connector. For those that got the 3VO, I seem to vaguely recall that they had something like that for that phone...but can someone that got the 3VO confirm?