View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #1269 (permalink)
sdrawkcab25

Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldestiny View Post
first, thanks for the replies.

I've got Zysploit in the app drawer under downloaded, nothing else apparent. Still S-On, and now that I can manipulate ClockworkMod, I'm still unable to load any of the zips on my SD card. Tried renaming one to the PB31MG.zip - it read the file, unpacked it, and complained that it is older so would not install. So still on 2.3.4, still got some issues.

I've adb installed and set up from my previous root of the Incredible 2. Running it, it detects my Incredible 1 with and returns $.

If I then send I get permission denied, so that verifies I don't yet have super user.
Is the superuser app in the app drawer? If yes, you can try going into manage applications and clearing the data for it. If superuser isn't in the app drawer, can flash it in recovery. There is no need to rename files to anything specific when using clockwork to install a .zip file from the sd card.

Superuser can be found here:
Superuser

You will continue to be s-on until you follow the rest of the directions in the first post. After you get superuser access, you will then be able to rewrite the misc.img, then downgrade your phone to froyo, then get root access again, and turn s-off, then finally upgrade back to gingerbread . Simple right ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sdrawkcab25 For This Useful Post:
iowabowtech (April 25th, 2012), metaldestiny (April 7th, 2012), scotty85 (April 7th, 2012)