View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
drexappeal
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankink View Post
If so, when do you think they will stop selling it?

I'm strongly considering gettting the Photon...but may wait for Galaxy LTE this month. I'm having a hard time deciding. I'm coming from an EVO Shift, and am concerned that the jump in screen size will be too much...also, the Photon seems fine to me, and very fast.

What should I do?
If you can hold out, wait until August. By then, most of the "super phones" will have been released and you can make an easier decision. The only reason I say this is because the Photon is on the EOL (end of life) list. That could either be signs of great things to come or a sign that Sprint might not continue improving it's Motorola Android offerings (only time will tell). This is a good guessitmate of all the phone releases:

LG Viper LTE - April 15
Galaxy Nexus LTE - April 22 (rumored)
HTC EVO LTE - June 6 (rumored)
Motorola LTE - July (Based on Photon's release, but no information on Sprint's next Motorola superphone, if they plan on releasing another)
Samsung SGS 3 (aka EPIC 4G Touch 2) - August/Early Sept. (Based on E4GT original release)

Jump in screen size will be too much? In what regard? I'm assuming that's in reference to the overall size of the phone?

Don't get me wrong. The Photon is an awesome phone and I've loved it since day 1, but IMO, I wouldn't consider it a wise decision to jump to a phone that's on the EOL list.