Thread: Support Battery Drain
View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
the1who

Device(s): 3 Nexus S 4G's, Ex-Samsung Vibrant, Ex-MyTouch Slide, Ex-Motorola Cliq, Ex-Samsung Behold 2, E
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via AIM to the1who Send a message via MSN to the1who Send a message via Yahoo to the1who Send a message via Skype™ to the1who

I noticed too that it seemed that sometimes having Network Location turned off seemed to help, I might also go through the accounts and sync area and see if there is anything that you don't necessarily use a lot of, I have done that, with say books, I don't need my phone syncing books when I barely use it, so maybe I'll turn it on and then off to sync at that moment when I won't kill the battery. I also have cut back on a lot of twitter accounts that I used to get direct sms messages sent to my phone. I think that helped all the times the phone would be awake by the awake ticker marks. Hope that also helps, hmmm, I used to use screebl pro, for supposedly reducing the time the phone display is on, I haven't used it since and I think that might help with battery too. It's a great concept, but I think the standard timeouts work ok, I guess if I plan on using the phone alot and would like the screen on longer than the standard timer, than it would be worth using, but the default display setting seem to work, so I'll leave it disabled still.