It is kind of a piece of junk, I got one off of DealExtreme (foolishly) thinking that I may be able to replace my WDLXTV with it.
- ADB does not work with either USB port.
- Wifi kind of works, I had to enter my WPA password 3 times to get it to work. Had to reboot the unit several times before it would "see" my router which is less than 6-feet away from it.
- The file browser is a POS, you can enter an NFS share, but if you make a mistake you can't edit it .. or I can't figure out how to.
- The remote needs to be pointed at a particular angle to the receiver to work right.
- Google Market returns error code -101 when trying to install anything. Found a solution to fix it, which lead to the next error...
- Cannot remove your account even after entering a new one.
- Factory reset doesn't work, thus once you enter an account it is permanent.
I'm going to experiment with installing the new firmware when I get some more time to mess with it. I almost threw the unit away the other day, but figured I'd try the new firmware, then take it to the shooting range if it is still crap.
I have a feeling that these first generation AndroidTV boxes should be avoided, wait until the market matures a bit before putting down your cash.