Is the outer touch screen on your Evo Shift 4G damaged or cracked? This take apart repair guide will show the steps concerning how to properly disassemble and repair a damaged touch screen and other internal parts.
This guide will help you to install the following HTC Evo Shift 4G part(s):
- HTC Evo Shift 4G Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- HTC Evo Shift 4G LCD Screen Replacement
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
- Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer
HTC Evo Shift 4G apart guide:
- The first step would be to remove the back battery cover, batter, and memory. Once that's done remove the four (4) Torx T5 screws situated within the back housing.
- Using a safe open pry tool, release the clips situated round the back housing. Once the clips are all released, remove the back housing.
- Remove the motherboard by releasing the "pop" connector and getting rid the two (2) small Phillips screws.
- With the motherboard removed we have access to eight (8) small Phillips screws sited underneath the keyboard which will need to be removed.
- With the keyboard removed, use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove 2 screws situated around the plastic covers at the very top and bottom from the phone.
- Now use a safe open pry tool to remove the covers to expose two more hidden small Phillips screws, remove them also.
- Use a hair dryer or heat gun to warm the adhesive and carefully remove the flex cable on the sliding portion of the phone.
- The back slide cover can be removed.
- Release the two (2) jaw connectors located at the bottom of the device. You can now ease off the ribbon cable from the back of the LCD screen.
- Use of a hair dryer or heat gun to warm the adhesive and thoroughly take away the flex cable around the sliding area of the phone. Release the 2 jaw connectors and gently lift the ribbon cable from the rear of the LCD screen.
- Remove the other flex cable from the back of the LCD screen and cautiously take away the LCD screen from the rest of the phone. Remove the flex cable from the front housing and touch screen.
- Apply heat to the adhesive and use a safe pry tool to raise the touch screen from its housing. Cautiously ease the ribbon cable through the frame and replace your touch screen.
Simply reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.