Thread: General My Impressions - Lucid
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
t35rk

Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks for this review. I just ordered mine for .01 on Amazon and am too coming from a loved Dinc1.

I was waiting for the Dinc3 but ran away after seeing the leaked pics and the qHD screen. LG has proven with the Lucid and Spectrum that you can have a thinner device with a Qualcomm chip set. I don't know what HTC's problem is with fat, heavy devices. The battery on the Lucid is larger than the Rezound's, yet in a slim package. Go figure...

Anyway the size of the Lucid is what I have been waiting for. The screen is nice and should be very good in sunlight. The camera is merely adequate, as the Dinc1 can produce more beautiful pics imo, but oh well. I won't miss the track pad a bit. Without it you gain screen real estate on a similarly sized phone and you don't loose functionality. The Lucid has a setting that let's you tap the side of the device to move the cursor in text fields. That's a win.

The device may never get root or ICS (it's LG we're talking about here), but I don't care. The Lucid is a sensible choice without the data drops of the Nexus or Motos.
Last edited by t35rk; April 12th, 2012 at 09:02 AM.