View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #1290 (permalink)
ned4spd8874

Device(s): HTC One (M8)
Carrier: T-Mobile

I give up. I've tried everything and can't get my phone to root. I get to these steps:

-extract the contents of the unrevoked 3.22 .zip. open the folder, right click on "reflash" and run as administrator if possible.
-click on "file" in the corner of the relfash window
-click custom recovery
-navigate to,and select your "recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-inc" image and select it. at the bottom of your reflash app window, it should now say "recovery:custom" and "waiting for device"
-make sure usb debugging is checked ON in settings/applications/development.
-plug in your phone and place it in charge only mode. assuming you installed the drivers correctly,unrevoked 3.22 will start. let it do its thing. it will reboot a couple of times. when its finished,it may leave you on a blank screen. if this is the case,pull the battery and reboot.

and I get the error "Failed to flash recovery image.". Then the phone reboots a bunch of times and I have to struggle to get it to become stable again.

I just realized that I have a SLCD screen. Could that be the problem? I don't know. I've been trying to root this thing for about 5 hours now....

EDIT: Also, it appears that somewhere along the way I "upgraded" the hboot to 1.02.000. sigh...
Last edited by ned4spd8874; April 13th, 2012 at 01:00 AM.