Originally Posted by rob99
hi, new here.
i'm trying to download pics from my galaxy fit to my pc.
been searching the net for 3 hours now to find out how.... so i came here for help!!
1) there's no 'USB' icon on my top toolbar when i drag it down.
2) there is no 'USB' option in 'settings'>'about phone'.
3) i've turned 'USB debugging' on and off loads of times, it does nothing.
4) when i plug the phone into the pc it just starts charging.
5) i have KIES installed. (and re-installed), it does nothing. the pc never detects the phone, or vice versa.
all i want to do is get the pics off my phone onto the pc, it's not much to ask!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!
There are quite a few ways to transfer your photos to your PC:
1. Bluetooth: connect your phone with your PC via bluetooth and transfer those photos wirelessly.
2. Dropbox: convenient if you have one.
2. Micro SD card: Since your photos are on your SD card, just take it out and plug it in your laptop. Then just copy and paste.
3. Mass Storage: I believe you have been looking at the wrong place. Why would they put USB connection under setting -> about phone? It should be under something else in "settings" like Connect to PC or something (different with different manufacturer, for HTC it is called Connect to PC, I am not sure about Samsung). You should dig through your phone settings and change the default connection method to be disk drive or USB.