View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
netizenmt
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Rooted, unlocked Bootloader Running CM9 with Calls & Data (ICS 4.0.x)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0921 View Post
On the above post... I just read an older post about the EH17 upgrade and after reading this thread I am thoroughly confused. Does the EH17 just give you Google Books, fix the Video capture and the other 2 things it mentions or does it upgrade the OS to 2.2 or what? I would really like to know what you are talking about and get a better understanding of my phone... Should I really just go back to my HTC for know? Or just use the Gem until this summer when I can get a newer phone with all the magic stuff of the new Android system?

I will really appreciate the time someone takes to educate me so I can decide to root the Gem, root the HTC or just wait until this summer???

Thanks, sorry for being such a noob on all this... but I learn quick, remember stuff, and will pass it on to others looking for answers too,

Mike
The EH17 is an upgrade to Android 2.2. However, it works on "generic" Gems. If you have a branded Gem, like mine was on Verizon, chances are you will render the phone pretty much useless.