This written repair guide will assist you on how to disassemble your Droid Razr fairly easily. Following this guide will walk you through all the steps required to repair a damaged screen assembly or other internal components.
This guide will help you to install the following Motorola Droid Razr part(s):
- Motorola Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- Motorola LCD Screen Replacement
- Other Motorola Replacement Parts
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Torx T5 Screwdriver
- Torx T3 Screwdriver
Motorola Droid Razr take apart repair guide:
- First step is use safe pry tool to release the back battery cover by simply sliding the pry tool to all edges to release the clips holding in place.
- The battery is now exposed. Remove the screw cover to remove the screws. Two (2) T5 screws and another two (2) T3 Screws at the upper section of the battery need to be remove. Once removed, pull up the battery tab to remove the battery.
- Using safe pry tool, remove the plastic cover near the camera that is adhered in place.
- Using T3 Torx Screwdriver, remove the five (5) T3 Torx screws and another three (3) T5 Torx screws as shown in Figure 1.
- With all screws removed, use a safe pry tool to remove the back housing by simply prying along all edges of the housing to release all the clips holding the housing in place.
- Use a T3 Torx screwdriver to remove the three (3) screws. Once done, remove the metal frame.
- Next remove the metal heat plate to expose the three (3) pop connectors. Once remove, disconnect the three (3) pop connectors using safe pry tool as shown in Figure 2.
- Next, start prying the motherboard at the bottom part using safe pry tool. Carefully pry the motherboard between the front housing to release the adhesive holding the motherboard in place and also the clips at the top part of the motherboard.
- Heat the front edges of the screen to soften the held adhesive using a hair dryer or hair gun to remove the touch screen from the front housing. Use quick movements for about 45 seconds
- Carefully separate the screen assembly from the front housing using safe pry tool. Once done, you can now replace the screen assembly.
Your smartphone is now disassembled and you can replace the damaged part(s) with new ones. Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.