Thread: General My Impressions - Lucid
View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
blumeany

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Just got mine yesterday. VERY nice phone, especially for .01 Obviously, I haven't had enough time to really put it through the paces, but so far I am impressed. I came from and Incredible and to me, this is a very nice upgrade.

I'd say the only thing holding this phone back is the software. Don't like the bloatware and the whole Apps interface is really lacking. I wish they would have allowed you to just make the apps drawer normal, as opposed to the phone trying to organize the apps on its own.

Speed is great, am getting ~12-15mb at work and ~7-9mb at home. (Faster than my home internet). Only nag I don't like is that with certain apps the phone automatically looks to connect to wireless and prompts me every time about it. Since my 4g service is fast than my home internet (and I'm paying for unlimited), I'd rather just use the 4G most of the time.

When this guy gets rooted, it's going to be awesome. Is it the best phone out there? No, but it's a worthy (and FREE) upgrade for anyone who doesn't feel like spending $200 to be relevant for a few months until the next best thing comes along.