View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
justgrant2009
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Android File Transfer and Mac

Just a tip for anyone out there who is having the same problems I was having.

I have the Galaxy Note LTE from AT&T, and I work on a Mac. I had been told that Android doesn't play nice with OSX and that to trade files I would have to download Android File Transfer.

I did so, thinking that once I did, I would have an easy time swapping my files back and forth.

That was wrong, so very wrong.

I started up AFT and plugged in my phone and AFT told me to either reconnect the phone or reboot and try again. No matter how much I did either of these actions, it still refused to connect to the phone.

Eventually I tried going in and turning off USB debugging (Settings>Wireless&Network>USB utilities>) and then chose Connect Storage to PC.

Perfect! I did that and it connected to my Mac like a gem. No AFT necessary, it just mounted the phone like external media. It showed both the phone and the sd card I had inside it.

I am fairly new to the Android Community, but if you have questions, I promise to do my best to answer them, or I'll help you find somebody here who can.

Best of luck to you all!
Happy Droiding!
Last edited by justgrant2009; April 20th, 2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: edit for tiny grammatical error
The Following User Says Thank You to justgrant2009 For This Useful Post:
Jetmerritt (January 25th, 2013)