View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
91Firebirder

Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible - retired, Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by euph_22 View Post
Lies. HTC is as good as Motorola at getting updates pushed out. And until recently getting a timely update from Samsung was less likely than winning the lottery.

First off I don't see why you care how Verizon/HTC brand their products. I buy my devices based on their performance/cost/etc, not their name. I would have bought my Razr (my current device) even if it was called the Droid Dysentaria-matic 5103.

Onto you're perception that the Inc 4g is dated/midrange, that's just not true. It seems like it is if you're in the "I need more mega-whatzits" crowd, but more cores/mhz doesn't necessarily make a better processor. Based on benchmarking the S4 and the Tegra 3 Quadcore are quite competitive, and in the real world where virtually no apps are setup the parralism and hyperthread features necessary to get the most out of a large number of cores the S4 should blow the Tegra out of the water. Not to mention it also should consume alot less power doing it.

I didn't see anywhere in DWasilew's post where he said he only buys phones based on their name. His point is the phone HTC is releasing as the Incredible 4g would be like a sports car having mid-range feature. And ok, so 1 benchmark shows the 4g as competing with the Tegra 3 Quadcore, but those of us in the US (hence VZW) aren't getting anything with a Tegra 3. And if it has the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4, like the US HTC One X variants, that it's still only a 1.2 vs the "top end" 1.5. And just makes no apps currently use everything a Quadcore has doesn't mean that won't. Why would anyone makes apps that need that when they weren't even out yet.