View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2012, 01:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
DWasilew

Device(s): Rooted Galaxy Nexus Nexus 7 Rooted HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

The update to Gingerbread was a horrible mess. It took well over a year for them to attempt to release it. When they finally get around to it, it's a buggy mess that messed up a lot of people's phone. Then they pull it, and release a new version a long while latter, that blocks root and still messes up some people's phones. Luckily I rooted just before that disaster. Also, I never said Moto or Sammy were any better. I was alluding to the fact that I will probably only purchase Nexus devices going forward because of stock Android and timely updates, even though Verizon is screwing us over on that one too.

Also, I don't buy a phone based on a brand, but a lot of people do. I just think that VZW and HTC missed an opportunity to really establish the Incredible brand as a flagship phone that can compete with the i*hone and Galaxy Series.

Lastly, while the S4 seems like it will be a great CPU, ad I believe the Inc4GLTE will be a good phone, I was trying to point out that most people think this phone is a joke and a missed opportunity, (just like what they said with the Inc2). Even when this thing is release and it exceeds everyone's expectations, people are still gonna hate on it. "It's not 720p resolution screen", "The screen is only 4 inches", "It's not the One X"...blah blah blah.
The Following User Says Thank You to DWasilew For This Useful Post:
today (April 23rd, 2012)