Originally Posted by kwdubu
FYI Here's what worked for me. It was flawless. I'm able to install new root required apps.
1) Install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper
2) Run VOR, create root backup
2) unfreeze frozen apps in Titanium Backup
3) rename .bak's back to .apk's using Root Explorer
4) temporarily remove root with VOR
5) DL/install update
6) Run VOR restore root
7) freeze apps
8) swap out my friggin' battery if I need to.
9) enjoy my updated DX
Will this work if you're a few updates behind? Like...still running Froyo 2.3.340? Is this newest update ICS? Sorry, I haven't been here for a while...obviously!
edit: couple more ?'s...will I have to D/L all my apps again like TiBackup and Cachemate? Will I have to resetup Carhome ultra with all my settings? TIA!