Thread: General Ics on ray: its good :)
View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
rui-no-onna

Device(s): TF700T, Nexus 7.2, Moto G, Xperia M, Xperia Acro S, Xperia Ray
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamviveksri View Post
i used all apps to check if any appreciable improvement is there in any but sorry folks....

i know we have to upgrade but we have to do so only because gingerbread is obsolete.... sad that Ray developers have not incorporated any improvement- and there was a huge wish list i am sure

so go ahead and do it.... come back here to post your experience with the ice cream sandwich....
I'm not expecting performance improvements. I'm more concerned that performance would be significantly worse than Gingerbread. From what kauvio reports, it doesn't seem as if ICS slowed things down all that much. I've used Ice Cream Sandwich on my tablets and I found it to be pretty nice. The stock web browser is a lot nicer than the one in Gingerbread. I love Chrome Beta so hoping I'll be able to install it now when the Ray gets updated to ICS.

I'm surprised roll out seems to be going pretty quickly. I anticipated not getting the update until after a month. Heck, I had to wait 2 months to get Mango (WP7.5) on my Quantum (Microsoft did a *very* gradual rollout).