View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #40 (permalink)
iAndroiid

Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Rooted with Evil Eris 3.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
As long you set your contacts (when you add them to your phone) to Google, and not to Phone; It should automatically Sync from your Google account to your phone when it starts up for the first time with 2.1. If not, you may have to do your own Sync.

Settings > Accounts & Sync

Under "Manage Accounts" tap on your Google email.

It will list 3 different settings to Sync. Make sure "Sync Contacts" is checked then tap on "Sync Now" on the lower left of your screen.

This should bring all your contacts stored on your Google accounts to your smart phone.
Many Thanks!!!! I went to the verizon store after doing a factory reset 2days ago and they tried to charge me $10 bucks I was like no way (argued with them and didn't end up paying). I still had my old phone had no clue it saved all your contacts that way. taking forever for me to sync all the contacts though that little thing keeps moving around and around and still not done.

Also, You need the micro SD card adaptor to do the upgrade right? Like you said not to put the file on the SD card from the computer through the USB cable? I must take the SD card out and put the little SD card in the bigger SD card then in my universal card reader then put the file on that way??
Last edited by iAndroiid; March 11th, 2010 at 05:18 PM.