View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Archuriel

Device(s): Samsung, Galaxy S2
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapi View Post
For Windows Media Player, once the Droid X is discovered, right click on the name of your Droid X device to SET UP SYNC LIST. Then, you identify which Windows Media Player playlists will sync in. Here is the rub...

When your device is connected in "USB Mass Storage" mode, the music and videos will sync, but the Playlists do not.

However, when you change to "PC Mode" on the USB Connection, everything syncs the way it's supposed to - including the playlists from Windows Media Player.

I personally have had NO success with "Windows Media Sync" mode on USB Connection, but I hear rumor it works with Windows 7 OSs.

Good luck!
I did it on windows 7. Yet the 1gb of videos took 2 hours. The mp3 folder took seconds, and it came out as a playlist in music player. However I am still trying to figure out how to make play-lists for my videos. I also should mention that I open the sync tab in media player first then connect usb cord and it will make a connection that does not require using the safe to remove thingy. Yet if you go into android settings to make usb connection then plug in usb when prompted you can move folders back and forth much quicker and you will have to use the safely remove button before disconnecting. You can't make playlist in windows 7 media player with mp4's you can't even drag and drop them in. But you can sync them to your android through the sync tab. Yet I can click on mp4's and they will play in media player but I cannot get them into the Library. Sucks. I read a lengthy process of downloading codecs and other such stuff with registry tweaks to make media players library recognize mp4's....I decided no thanks to much tweaks. I think it might be easier to just convert to wmv.