View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #73 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 7,251 Times in 4,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooterbooter View Post
sdrawkcab25 and fellow members,

I am trying to follow instructions for rooting HTC rezound and so when installing amonra recovery from this link, [RECOVERY] Amon Ra Recovery Image [FASTBOOT] , it says put the image fine in same folder as fastboot. What does it mean? Where do I put it?

Also, the adb commands dont work for me. They used to at some point. What could I be doing wrong?
could be any number of things wrong,especially if youve downloaded and set up the android SDK.

rather than taking stabs at it,i think it would simplify things if you ditch the sdk and use this: mini-adb.zip

its the adb/fastboot utilities and the stuff to make them work.

if you dont have drivers,or are unsure,use these: revolutionary modified drivers

simply extract(unzip) the mini-adb zip file,and place the unzipped folder onto the root of you C drive(root=not inside a folder). you may need a utility such as 7zip to extract the file if your running something other than windows 7.

open a cmd window. windows 7(same or similar for others): click start bubble,type command in search window

this opens a small back command window. change to your adb/fastboot folder by type,or copy/paste:

cd c:\mini-adb

then,plug in your phone,enable usb debugging(settings/apps/development),charge only mode. enter in the cmd window:

adb devices

if you get a serial number in response,you can enter:

adb reboot bootloader

this will take you to fastboot. enter:

fastboot devices

if you get a serial number back,your drivers are working correctly,and so are adb and fastboot.

fastboot reboot will reboot your phone

you can then use this folder to follow the directions to flash the amon recovery image. place the image into mini-adb,along with fastboot,adb,and the other things in it.

hope that helps
donate to my device fund