View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Orion

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus and LG G Pad 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkestred View Post
What do you guys need a quad-core for? You do realize that while a quadcore is great in most users applications you will not see a difference in what you do.

I know nothing will change your minds its just funny watching people complain about silly things like dual vs quad. I would assume the technology is much like a PC. Quadcore is only as fast as your HDD. So running 4 tasks at once on hardware that can only handle something so fast...i dont' know. Its a phone. Its going to be fast either way.

Unless you're running cold fusion, programming in c, ripping video and encoding movies in full HD...get real.
For me, this is not about dualcore vs quadcore. This is about Exynos vs Snapdragon. Let's be real, Exynos out performs Snapdragon. Hell, I prefer the dualcore A15 when compared to the Quadcore A9. It's better performance. The S4 is awesome...I understand that. But Samsung is hyping this to be the best phone this summer. There's a chance that the Sprint/Verizon version may still get the Exynos chip based on the fact that in Korea they managed to do it on CDMA/LTE. That last part is just wishful thinking though.