Originally Posted by iAndroiid
1. DO A FACTORY RESET FOR THE PHONE. Then Call *82282 (let it do it's thing it goes through all options all in one shot.
2. DELETE EVERYTHING OFF YOUR SD CARD
3. PUT THE FILE ON THE SD CARD (do not un-zip it; just download it and place it on the SD card by itself and no other folder should be on there)
4. TURN OFF THE PHONE
5. NOW THAT THE PHONE IS OFF. HOLD DOWN THE VOLUME DOWN BUTTON (KEEP IT HELD DOWN) AND NOW WHILE HOLDING THE DOWN VOLUME KEY HOLD THE POWER BUTTON (BOTTOM LEFT AND KEEP IT HELD DOWN). ONCE THE SCREEN LIGHTS UP RELEASE BOTH THE VOLUME DOWN KEY ON THE SIDE OF THE PHONE AND THE POWER BUTTON.
6. Let it do it's thing. watch the bar on the side start doing a bunch of things and loading. wait until something in red pops up and then you have to push the task ball in the middle right about HTC on the phone twice but just folllow the rest of his how to guide.
Let me know how that works. I am guessing you kept clicking down volume key and not holding it down? Good luck!
so this is the process you did to upgrade?