View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
RazzMaTazz
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by My LG Is PooP View Post
Also do you know of anyway to get android 4.0 (ICS) on the optimus?
There are some developers working on porting Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich, or "ICS") onto Optimus S. At this point, Kraven seems to be the closest to completion of a useable ICS on the Optimus S. (He's porting the ClockworkMod 9 "CM9" to the Optimus S ZVD, which he calls "Cold As Ice".) Kraven has posted a somewhat buggy (Alpha 9) version for download, but the camcorder, the camera preview, and the Bluetooth audio don't work properly, and I think you have to flash an extra zip file to fix MMS and perhaps some other things. I tried it, and it's pretty awesome except for those bugs. However, with the current bugs I wouldn't recommend it for full-time "daily driver" use yet. However, as of yesterday (4/29/12) it seems that Kraven has figured out some solutions to these problems, so his next release (which should be any day now) might fix those problems and be good enough to use as a daily driver. If that happens, I'll switch me and my family to Kraven's CM9 ROM and I'll update my original post above with a recommmendation. (I want this guide to be easy, and so I didn't want to steer people into buggy ROMs.)