View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Sanzenbacher

Device(s): Huawei Ascend II, Samsung SGH-T499
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via AIM to Sanzenbacher Send a message via MSN to Sanzenbacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanzenbacher View Post
Something worthy of note. The file included in that zip is spelled "updata.app", I'm assuming that's a mistake and should be re-named?
Can someone confirm or deny this? The file placed in the root of the memory stick should be named "update.app", correct? And since that dl has it named something else, can I simply just rename it? Or will that mess something up? Do I need to find a different download that is named "update.app" by default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danprints View Post
ive downloaded the zip file and dwonloaded 7zip, but my problem is that my phone keeps stuck on the logo loop, i tried using a usb cord to connect to my computer and does not recognize the device(phone), nothing, it will turn on but shuts off, i can unplug the usb cord and plug it back in and the phone satrts its loop again, im lost with out my phone.
You could get a Micro SD card adapter. That's what I'm going to have to do. I found one at my local staples for $10, which includes an SD card adapter, and USB adapter.

Download the file, insert the SD card into your PC with one of the aforementioned adapters, and you should be good.

I haven't done it, so I'm not 100% positive, but I sure hope this is the case, since my phone is also stuck on the logo screen, and need to fix it.
Last edited by Sanzenbacher; April 30th, 2012 at 07:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sanzenbacher For This Useful Post:
farmindee (May 21st, 2012)