View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Stigy
Some say...

Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,619 Posts

As a developer I agree with the changes that were mentioned above. I don't want to say its frustrating as a developer looking for help, but if the sections were differentiated it would make things better in my opinion.

I like the idea of separating the two sections into, let's say beginner vs experienced developers. What it also does is give the experienced developers an idea of who is starting off and where they can definitely be helpful. For example I would know to check in the Development 101 section to offer advice and coding samples/tips to those just starting out with development. Where as I may go into Application Development and only be able to point someone in the right direction or may not even have an answer at all.

The only change I would make is to add maybe a 'General' prefix to the Application Development section so if your question doesn't fall under one of those options you have somewhere to put it or does no prefix automatically assume this General tag?

My two cents.

If someone's out in left field, the /!\ Report button is to the left of their post.
If someone gives you right-on advice or positively contributes, the Thanks button is to the right.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stigy For This Useful Post:
alostpacket (May 3rd, 2012), Unforgiven (May 1st, 2012)