View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM   #45 (permalink)
SilverRain79

Device(s): Huawei Mercury - Cricket Wireless
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimoxp View Post
90 percent ? Where did you get that figure? Is it scientific in anyway? With an issue this big, there would tend to be a surge of new members on the internet trying to figure this out, and I haven't seen a surge.

The fact is, an actual tiny amount of cell phone owners use internet forums to talk about their phones. The main reason a non phone enthusiast would get on a forum is because of a problem...so that makes the issue seem larger then it is.

If it was anywhere near 90 percent, I'm sure we would see a large uproar of people, from youtube, to other lines of communication complaining.
That might be true except that Cricket is doing an amazing job of lying and misdirection and the average joe Cricket user probably isn't as industrious as the few of us are... Most of the people affected by this are being told it's a tower issue in their area or they go in and have a reset done and when it comes back are told it's b/c of something they did to their phone such as rooting it... And your whole second paragraph is oxymoronic. If they haven't corrected this issue soon I'm sure you're going to start seeing a whole lot of Mercury owners flooding the internet.