I bought a Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 for Xmas but now wish I hadn't as I cannot connect it to my PC. (No USB device detected).
Things I've tried but which don't work.
1. I've installed Kies, uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Troubleshoot connection problems
doesn't. (It merely reinstalls the driver which didn't work in the first place).
2. I've installed the USB driver in program files and program files (x86)
3. I've tried plug 'n play from device manager (running Windows 7 Professional with SP1)
4. I've also tried Ubuntu Linux - no USB recognized.
5. "I put *#7284# in the keypad and fiddled with the USB settings, plugged back into PC and it detected it. all ok now"
Even tried that.
6. "Settings / Applications / Development
Now disable USB DEBUGGING"
I've tried leaving USB debugging on and off.
Can't help but think that the Galaxy Mini is a lot of pony.
I hope someone at Samsung looks at this forum one day. This mobile phone is a disgrace.
Any help and advice welcome. Thanks for your time if you can help.