View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Xerses

Device(s): Telus Galaxy SIIX
Carrier: Not Provided

I don't see how channel 11 can adversely affect mobile devices. The channel is simply a specific frequency in the 2.4GHz range and not device specific regarding connections. The WiFi G standard does not exclude mobile devices.

Also, there is no way of knowing if the OP is even using 2.4GHz, the router they own may be 5GHz as well and they may be on a totally different set of channels (read frequencies).

EDIT: This is not intended as comment bashing, just asking/proposing information.

This issue really sounds like an app problem. If a factory reset fixed the issue and the problem reoccurred after installing apps, then the next step to finding the problem app would be to reset again, run the phone bone stock for another week to eliminate or confirm that an app is the problem. If the phone is still on WiFi after 1 week then I would install apps 2 or 3 at a time and run the phone for 1 week until I got to the point where WiFi stopped working. Then to eliminate the correct app I would start over by resetting the phone, but this time install one of the 2 or 3 last apps assumed to cause the issue and run for 1 week at a time.

This would/will be very time consuming, but if you really want to find the problem then this would be a pretty good way.
Last edited by Xerses; May 2nd, 2012 at 07:44 PM.