View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
sugarshock
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Cry **SOLVED** Windows can't detect my HTC Vivid. My particular case seems to be different than others.

Let me start off by saying I've searched the hell out of this issue and tried a couple solutions. I'm not posting here because I'm too lazy to figure it out myself. You guys are my last hope. Here goes:

I plug my Vivid (running the latest software) in to my 64 bit Win 7 PC, but nothing happens. My phone charges, but windows does not see it. It doesn't even have the pop up that says it doesn't recognize the device.
I have USB debugging enabled (it doesn't work when disabled, either), and I've tried every connection type (including htc sync mode and Disk Drive), and I have the box checked that's supposed to ask me what connection I want whenever I plug it in. Again, nothing happens but the charge.

I downloaded some drivers, but it doesn't come with an exe. The only way I know to manually install the drivers requires me to first find the device in device manager. I don't know how to find the phone in there, as no errors pop up, and none of the names look like it could be my phone. I went to the official site and downloaded, installed, and updated HTC Sync when I found out it includes the drivers. Still no success even after a reboot.
I've tried multiple charging cables (not the cheap ones, but the ones you get when you buy the phone) in every USB port, and still no luck.

I really tried to figure this out but I've run out of ideas. I turn to you in desperation, PLEASE HELP

SOLVED!

I guess some of the cables are ONLY able to charge. I popped in a Kindle charger that I know can transfer data and plugged it into my phone and it worked perfectly!
Last edited by sugarshock; May 3rd, 2012 at 04:35 PM.