View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
wubbzy

Device(s): few
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks @jonbonazza for inviting me in, was in back of my mind after your post on the same subject, wasn't sure how to get it started.

tips vs experienced under dev would be worth a try. To broadly classify what I've seen as questions in dev forum:

- Infrastructure (Eclipse, network, data etc.)
- Code related (tips/101, have you tried..., how to, code not working etc.)
- Promotion/marketing/statistics (cross promotion, google play related, analytics, downloads, pay-per-click etc.)
- Jobs (hire me, wanted etc.)

Another humble approach may be to separate dev from app forum altogether. App forum can have bunch of things in it like review, promotions etc.

Another factor is font-sizing, maybe its VB theme, but bold blue forum text overpowers fine-print description text and in my previous existence as message board admin people do not read it, they tend to gravitate toward popular (by number postings/activity) or forums that they're familiar with (in case of new member read 'looks familiar').

Observation from a user's PoV: a user would like maximum attention to his topic, thats just physiological (did I spell it right?). Hence the tendency that you guys are noticing as guides and mods, people posting where they're most comfortable @ and forum that they think they can get best answers in.

Not sure if I was helpful...I certain we can evolve simple scheme (may not pleasing everyone), but certainly a good crowd. Though with any change there is a downside - loss of traffic/user base, which should be kept in mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to wubbzy For This Useful Post:
alostpacket (May 3rd, 2012)