Minor upgrade? What more could they possibly have done?
Hardware upgrades: -
- Quad core processor (double the performance of the sgs2 with 30% less power used up)
- 65% improved graphics over sgs2
- Larger hd screen with improved power efficiency
- Brand new camera and flash
- Much larger battery
- Vastly improved storage capacity
- Wifi performance is twice as good
- NFC chip
- Wireless charging - an industry first
Software upgrades: -
- S-beam - capable of transmitting data at 300mbps, can send a photo gallery in about a second. Revolutionary feature.
- S-voice - what vlingo should have been.
- Eye tracking + other intuitive gestures.
- Has ics out of the box, will most likely get jelly bean
- Vastly improved camera software with burst mode, zero shutter lag, best photo selection and more.
- Automatically recognises your friends in pictures and tags them in all future pictures.
- Better in call quality and volume.
- More codec support.
- Popout video.
And some software features Samsung didn't announce: -
- Improved lock screen (you can create shortcuts to apps like you can on htc phones)
- More toggles in the notification bar.
The ceramic casing you wish for wouldn't work with the wireless charging. I for one am pleased that Samsung is creating useful features rather than trying to make the device look pretty. I look at the screen, not the design of the phone.
What did you expect exactly cause it looks like a big upgrade to me?