View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
pearlbrian

Device(s): Galaxy S (Captivate)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerofld View Post
I would also assume that the battle between HOX and GS3 would be a battle of personal preference over the details.

I, personally, value a SD card slot, removable battery, and an unlockable bootloader. The HOX does not have any of those, save the bootloader. And even that is only a partial unlock, but I hear that the dev community for it is getting close to full S-OFF. So I would consider that point awash between the models. Plus I have no clue if my carrier variant, the HTC Evo 4G LTE, would be able to use the same S-OFF exploit as the HOX. But the bootloader is a dealbreaker for me if it is only allowed the 'HTC dev' unlock.

I would have to wait until the end of June to upgrade, anyhow. So I don't mind waiting to see what the US variant ends up being, or even the Sprint specific one. Maybe the SAMOLED+ ends up on a carrier variant. /shrug I don't know. I have to wait, anyhow, so I've just been watching. I'm fairly certain that I will get a GS3, should nothing else prove to be better by the time I get it.
Were they both out in the US around the same time, i might have had a hard time deciding. However, I am phone starved. I sold my iphone 4 in preparation for purchasing one of these, so i'm using the supremely awful Captivate backup that's been in a drawer for quite some time. What an awful phone.