View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
brian1984
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldipp View Post
Guess I'm in the minority here. I've had a the greatest tablet known to man since this tablet was first releast to the publec. I bought the first one available in Columbus , Oh. It has been great! After the 3.1 update alot of us had problems with the wifi and each machine responded to that update differently. Got mine back on track with some patients and a bit of hair pulling. After the 3.2 update it made the tablet even better. It could read ntfs files and all files could be sean on your PC. all kinds of good stuff with the 3.2 ( it was the 4.000+ update if you looked at your system info). Then came the ICS, once again, each machine reacted differently. Mine became and unstable brick. I use my machine mainly for mapping, I'm a truck driver and do depend on it to find my way. ICS killed my mapping software and made my machine totally unusaeble.
I was frustrated so I figured I'd do the factory reset... Wonder of wonders... Made a new machine out of it. Fixed prety much all the bugs. More stable than Gingerbread was even.
So if you have a new machine and are wondering if you should do the update, I say GO FOR IT! After the update do a factory reset. What it does with the factory reset is like doing a clean install of windows on your PC. There are lots of Apps that just don't work with ICS and who knows if or when they will. So do the update now before you add a bunch of stuff that won't get along with ICS
Im satarting to think that all the ppl that had problems with the tablet in ICS was becouse you had apps that were messing with the OS...anyway Im still very unsure what I gonna do.. I think I ll get it tomorrow..
we ll see.