View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Mark68
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by karendar View Post
LG with stock v10d is notorious for having download errors. I had them myself and the only way I could get rid of them without spending hours on end figuring out why was to factory reset the phone. I'm guessing it has to do with data corruption on the Android Market.

As for v20a (Latest Gingerbread upgrade) as others have mentionned, it's been HELL. So updating is not really worth while.

Also, keep in mind that if you download an application that is too big for your cache, the phone will give a download error. So if you're downloading a 30 meg application and cache is already filled up, it'll give an error... Clearing the /cache partition would also help, but keep in mind this is lower level stuff and you need root and a file manager.
OK, so was going to update, but the warning about never being able to revert back to an older firmware scared me off. I don't want to be stuck with an even worse phone than I already have.

I'll have to write down all my contacts manually before I factory reset though. Not looking forward to having to re-enter all my wifi passwords.

I'll let ya's know how it turns out when I get a chance to do it.