Thread: Support Coby Kyros MID9742
View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:01 AM   #134 (permalink)
swalker5906

Device(s): Coby Kyros Mid9742, HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

So at the link that Patriot list's above, go to post one. Follow the instructions for pushing a rooted image over to your device. Note: You'll wanna use a 32-bit OS on the machine you are running these from as the USB drivers included are 32-bit drivers. I had great success with a XP box.

Once you reboot your device at the end of that first set of instructions, you are rooted. From there jump to page 11 and go down to post 105 Patriot gives us instructions on how to use Android Commander to get the Google play services in place (and its much quicker and easier than fuxing with ABD in my opinion. First time using commander and it took me about two minutes). That's what I did and I'm running a rooted 9742 with Google Play, flash player, Google Music, Gmail...the works. If you run this and it works, make sure to take a second and thank the people involved. Patriot...you're awesome :-). Big big thanks to Steev over on that forum for creating the rooted images in the first place...even though he doesn't actually have a Coby device he still took the time to do it just because it was similar to an A10 device he has. And an honorable mention to the other guinea pigs that were part of the test group.
Last edited by swalker5906; May 7th, 2012 at 07:03 AM.