View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
SB13X

Device(s): HTC Desire / HTC Desire HD / HTC One X / Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro
Carrier: Not Provided

Downside at the minute and it is a biggy is that you lose your warranty for unlocking the bootloader. However with the kernel source released the devs and community at large are looking to achieve a non HTC involved security off exploit (S-OFF) so as to achieve root and more without losing warranty and to allow the phone to be put back to stock before you make a warranty claim.

This approach for me is highly beneficial as the device is less than 12 months old and its cost a small fortune I don't want to be throwing a valuable warranty away. With 1.29 and the Apex Launcher I'm happy atm. El Presidente and D-U-R-X will vouch my flashaholic tendencies so trust me when I say I want root bad. However for me it really isn't worth the risk of having issues getting hardware related issues fixed because of using htcdev.

HTC Bootloader and Warranty an on-line conversation - xda-developers

DO NOT UNLOCK your HTC One X through Htcdev.com - HTC will never repair your phone - xda-developers
The Following User Says Thank You to SB13X For This Useful Post:
fanboynot (May 11th, 2012)