View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
drexappeal
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNSCleric View Post
Oh ok, thanks. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some really bad thing to do in case I didn't wipe it clean first. That's probably what I'll do though.
I would highly recommend copying any folders (onto a cpu drive) that are currently on the SD that you know for sure won't have negative impact on the LTEvo. My standard recommendation is copying media folders (e.g. Pictures, Ringtones, Music, Video, etc.). There are some app backups that I keep as well because the backup is not specific to the phone, so there shouldn't be any problem translating over to the new phone. There are other apps where, it may be using components on the old phone that won't translate nicely to the new phone, so I leave those out.

Once all the folders are copied, I'd delete everything on the microSD, prior to using it with the LTEvo. When you get the LTEvo, there shouldn't be any problem just inserting the microSD. First order of business, after inserting the blank microSD is to format the microSD (while in the phone). I've found recently that this seems more reliable than formatting in a PC or CPU. Once the microSD is formatted in your LTEvo, you can connect it to the PC and copy/paste the folders that you had saved from your old phone.

To me, that's the safest way to ensure that everything will work properly without any issue.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
AM2 (May 11th, 2012), EarlyMon (May 10th, 2012), Granite1 (May 12th, 2012), marctronixx (May 10th, 2012), Skid71 (May 12th, 2012)