View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #58 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornev View Post
Think I've got a catch 22. I want to install the GB JuopunutBear HBOOT, but the instructions say to use Fastboot commands which no longer work because I'm S-off. What am I missing?

On the other hand, I can't find any pictures of what that HBOOT looks like. My assumption is that it has commands with which I can do all sorts of fun stuff without using a PC (for other than putting files on my SD card).

Also, I renamed the AmonRa recovery to PH98IMG.zip, copied to my SD card, flashed it in HBOOT and of course HBOOT said it's in the wrong format. How do I flash the AmonRa recovery now that I'm s-off? Zip the .img file into a PH98IMG.zip file?
correct. take the amon ra image,and zip it up along with the android info text document from literally anything.

the jpbear downloads are hboot-flashable PH98IMG files. you could,in fact,download the appropriate ICS jpbear hboot. unzip it. add amon recovery image to folder. zip the hboot,recovery,and android info document up. when you flash this zip in hboot,it will install your ics patched hboot,and your recovery at one time. 2 birds with one stone

hboot is the screen that you first boot to,when holding vol down and power,from a powered off state. it looks very similar to the fastboot screen that youre prolly a little more used to seeing.

edit:
if you dont want to bother moving files on and off your sd card,you can run the files from a cmd window,with the phone in fastboot. directions here: [HOW TO] an easier way to flash PH98IMG files
donate to my device fund
Last edited by scotty85; May 11th, 2012 at 05:17 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
chknhwk (May 14th, 2012), thornev (May 12th, 2012)