View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #23 (permalink)
CriticalCritic

Device(s): Home-OG Evo // Me-LTEvo // Wife-OG Evo // Son-LG Opt S
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenjiSpencer View Post
I know that this is how it works if you replace a phone with another phone of the same model (like if you lost your original phone), but is this also how it works if you change the model of your phone? I ask because a friend of mine recently switched from a Motorola Droid to an HTC Thunderbolt and Verizon told him that he had to download all of the apps to his new Thunderbolt manually because Google keeps a separate list of apps for each phone you have (which makes sense if you think about the possibility of having multiple phones). Thanks for your reply in any case.
Well, I know from experience that Google Play keeps a list of all apps that you have EVER downloaded. I went into Play>Menu>My Apps>All (swiped right) then scrolled, and scrolled... and scrolled... and found apps that I had downloaded over 2.5 years ago on a different device!

Apps appear that don't even exist in the market anymore, but for some reason their APKs are still downloadable from that list. And it appears that they are arranged in chronological order, with the most recently downloaded apps at the top of the list.

So I'm not sure about accessing the different separate lists for each device, but I know that there is a master list that should make things easier to find with your next device without needing to actually list your current apps.